Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Silhouette Sketch Pen Storage


Need a place to store you sketch pens, but have more than 24? Well if you keep your original packaging I can help you find a simple solution!
I had gotten my pack of 24 as well as another set of 4 for Christmas and wanted them to fit into this box I found at the dollar store which is meant to hold paint brushes:
 I also wanted it to hold both my blade and the extra one just so it's all in one place. These are the things you need:
Scrapbook paper, scissors, and the plastic that comes with your sketch pens
I made this box
The plastic piece shown above came with my four pack of sketch pens, I had just trimmed the edges. But I used mainly the ones that came from my 24 pack.
Below is what I had originally planned to have but as you notice this only holds the sketch pens with no extra room for the blades. (This design is very similar to the one here, I just made mine 4 x 7) Although it turned out beautifully it wasn't quite perfect for what I needed, but I was unable to just add extra rows since then it would not fit in my toolbox.


So, here is what you do:
Take the plastic pieces, and cut them in half, like so:

From the 24 pack you will end up with 6 pieces after you cut them
Line them in your box, if need be, cut down on the rows to what ever size you need



With the extra plastic I just double-lined some, and also for the empty row in the front, I have one sitting in normally and the an extra one flipped upside down so that it makes it sturdier while it is unoccupied. but if that doesn't suit your than it's time to sit back and admire your work!

Happy diy!

No comments:

Post a Comment